1/22/2013

Closet Cleanout



This week I've been cleaning and reorganizing my whole apartment and I cannot believe how much stuff there is in my closet that I have never worn/only worn once. I have a really hard time parting with stuff if it's designer or vintage even if I've never worn it, I make up some excuse or reason like "one day I might be invited to Elizabeth Taylor themed party and I'll need this sequin dress" or "I need to save these 70's platforms for my daughter one day". I'm not completely abandoning that way of thinking but now that I live in a tiny studio and the time has come to compromise. I made an Instagram shop under "shopthecharleygirl" and I'm listing things for sale there this week if you want to check it out! It's mostly vintage and designer. 

Do you have a hard time parting with your clothes? Or does your closet have a high turnover rate? 

13 comments :

  1. I can't part with anything. I still have shoes from when I was 5...But I have summer tops I hope to fit back into one day, I have my prom dress for who knows what reason, and yeah if it's designer it is so not going anywhere. This is bad because I'm moving in with my boyfriend and I know some of my stuff has to go...it's just deciding what?!?!

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I forgot to add all the stuff I hope to fit back into one day! That's the hardest to get rid of.

      Delete
  2. I am 100% incapable of letting go of my vintage finds but have far less of grip on tossing new designer items with the tags still on. I guess its more ephemeral attachment.

    x
    amanda
    http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/
    check us out? follow us back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time parting with things, myself. I love that kitty picture + the flower pin. Super cute.

    Sabrina
    sabrinadellinger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying for a pair of Marc Jacobs mouse flats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted some for YEARS finally snagged these at a Buy Sell Trade and knew they were too small but bought them anyway and the never wore them. I'm still searching for some in my correct size haha.

      Delete
  5. If I get tired of wearing something but don't want to get rid of it forever, I always give it to my little sister! Cause I can always steal it back from her, and I know she'll never get rid of it!

    Mackenzie
    www.heybirdfriend.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good thinking! I feel like if I tuck something away and forget about it for a couple years, when I find it it feels new again!

      Delete
  6. My closet has a ridiculously high turnover rate. I have no problem getting rid of clothing I no longer wear because I can't stand having unnecessary clutter around. Minimalism all the way, babay. Of course, that comes with its own issues because then I think I can go out and buy a bunch of new clothes to replace the ones I got rid of :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I treat 75% of my closet, easy come, easy go. The other 25% never gets sold or worn, it's a bad habit I'm trying to get it down to 10% of just treasured stuff and sell the rest.

      Delete
  7. Those Marc Jacobs flats are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for contributing to the conversation! Please feel free to link your blog.

Theme designed by Feeric Studios . Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger